All Deuces ,,Blowing Rock,North Carolina - 2010

HOTRODPRIMER

All Deuces ,,Blowing Rock,North Carolina - 2010
« on: August 02, 2016, 03:44:08 PM »
The Blowing Rock Run has been going on for 10 years now,,Deuce Roadster (Randy) and Bill Rhodes started it and it has become a tradition with a lot of South Carolina and North Carolina  guys,,not to mention a few guys from Virgina,Georgia and Florida.

We left home at 6:00 AM Saturday morning to meet up with the majority of the guys at the starting point in Cornelius,North Carolina.

The Target Shopping Center already had a bunch of folks already there and I finally got to meet a few people for the first time and touch base with some I already know. HRP

HOTRODPRIMER

Re: All Deuces ,,Blowing Rock,North Carolina - 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 03:44:55 PM »
One of several gas stop on the way to Boone,North Carolina,,HRP

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 03:45:31 PM »
And our next gas stop,,HRP

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 03:46:07 PM »
The scenic overlook where we stopped for a strech just outside Boone,North Carolina,,

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 03:46:42 PM »
A few shots of cars,,

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 03:47:21 PM »
More,, HRP

HOTRODPRIMER

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 03:47:46 PM »
After our late lunch some of the guys and gals on the run decided to stay in Boone and do the tourist thing while others elected to head on back home,,,

A few of us,Randy,Lee,Ken,Gene and I decided to check out the downtown car show in Mooresville,North Carolina,

About an hour into the ride we ran into some bad weather,,a lot of rain and wind,,,but thankfully it didn't last too long,,,

Randy led the way,,,

Lee in the roadster,,I'm pretty sure he was glad he left the top on and not at the motel,,

Weather was looking ugly,,

One of my favorite photos,,I just stuck the camera out the window and snapped,,I was surprised how well it turned out,,,we had just stopped on the off ramp heading towards Mooresville.North Carolina.

Pulled into town just after the storm,

We were approached by a newspaper reported asking a lot of questions,,he was shocked when Lee told him he was from Florida,,and the rest of us were from South Carolina,,Randy explained the Deuce run and that led to more questions about and hour later Ken and I said our good byes and headed home,,,

Any of you that have ever traveled I-85 South might recognize the giant peach water tower in Gaffney ,South Carolina,,

The ride home was uneventful and we arrived home at 9:50 PM a long day and a little over 500 miles for me,,,Randy drove back to Anderson with us last year for a cruise-in and then back home to Columbia,South Carolina,,he drove about 550 miles that day,,,,,,,but so much fun,,I would do it again tomorrow,,

Everybody we talked to seemed to have a good time and there were no attitudes,you couldn't ask for anything more,,unless it was for more Deuces next year.

Hope you guys enjoy the photos. HRP

The next ALL DEUCE RUN will be June 4,2011

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 03:48:49 PM »
Thanks for posting the 2010 run photos ...
This years event will be June the 4th, 2011

We meet up at the Target Shopping Center off I-77 north of Charlotte NC. We leave there at 10 o'clock
and go thru the country to the Blue Ridge Parkway enroute to Blowing Rock NC. We make 2 or 3 gasoline ( or pit stops for the rest rooms ) and make it a leisurely trip.

Here is a  2007 old flyer ... and everything is correct except the date. I have been lax ... doing a new one yet.

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 03:49:24 PM »
Here are a few from the past

Off the run ... on the way HOME  ;D

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 03:50:01 PM »

This is MAX ... ( in the blue shirt ) he is older than  the 32 Fords on the run. He is a real cool guy.
He has the grey Cabriolet in some of HRP's photos.

He is always a regular on the run ... along with his much younger GIRL FRIEND  8)

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 03:50:24 PM »