RACE CAR OWNERS & DRIVERS & CREW'S

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
Re: RACE CAR OWNERS & DRIVERS & CREW'S
« Reply #1632 on: November 27, 2017, 09:49:02 PM »
Les Ritchey
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

29bowtie

« Reply #1633 on: November 30, 2017, 06:16:41 PM »
Just heard the bad news that we lost long time local racer Terry McHardy. R.I.P. Terry, you will be dearly missed.

From the page of Scott Barratt:
 So sorry to say that our pal and drag racing and Vancouver police department legend (well if you asked him he'd say he was a legend!) Terry McHardy passed away yesterday at the age of 73. He is reunited now with his old partner Mas Hikida who successfully campaigned the AA/GS Hikida-Mchardy 33 Willys. He also drove Bill Visser's Cuda and other fast cars. I wish that I could share a classic photo from the Province newspaper of my pal Bill Phillips in his alky dragster and firesuit at the side of the road with Terry in his motorcycle cop uniform and Harley writing him a ticket! Ironically this is the same day of the year that we lost 240 Gordie Bonin. RIP Terry
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

Fordors

« Reply #1634 on: November 30, 2017, 06:21:36 PM »
Godspeed Terry. Man, that was one great looking Willys!
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

29bowtie

« Reply #1635 on: November 30, 2017, 06:30:35 PM »

Thanks Fordors, you'll note I added some other pics, with the car painted. He was quite the enthusiastic drag racer and enjoyed life to the fullest. Here's another car from after he crashed the Willys.

Red

« Reply #1636 on: December 01, 2017, 05:33:14 PM »
Roger Penske and George Follmer

I worked as a parts technician for George at his Porsche Audi dealership in Montclair, CA in the mid '80's through the early '90's.  Oddly enough, the last job that I retired from in 2010
was at Penske's VW dealership in Santa Ana... small world.  Beppie's post #722 of Vic Elford brought back memories of an Audi Challenge GeorgeF sent some of us to at Riverside Raceway
in 1990 when the Audi A8 and the Audi Coupe were first introduced.  Some of us actually "thought" we were great drivers until after lunch when we teamed up with the likes of Vic Elford
and Johnny Unser and several other pros for a few hot laps in the cars we thought we were beating on.... :o

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #1637 on: December 01, 2017, 05:38:07 PM »

Thanks Fordors, you'll note I added some other pics, with the car painted. He was quite the enthusiastic drag racer and enjoyed life to the fullest. Here's another car from after he crashed the Willys.
"enjoyed life to the fullest"
And that's a good thing.RIP.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

29bowtie

« Reply #1638 on: December 04, 2017, 07:40:16 PM »
Wayne McGuire.

29bowtie

« Reply #1639 on: December 04, 2017, 10:48:35 PM »
 ;D Drivers briefing at the 1000km of Monza 1968.