Style & Tech - Headlights & Headlight Mounts

jaded iconoclast

Re: Style & Tech - Headlights & Headlight Mounts
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2017, 02:23:51 PM »
Just my opinion, this is the only place where stock '32 frog eyes "work". Ol dad must be spinning in his grave when he sees some of the shit that is being pushed as "traditional" hot rod stuff these days.
I think Gray coined the term "Rat Rod", derived from the term "Rat Bikes"........ Just sayin' :P
He did, as well as "frog eyes" for stock '32 headlights. However, what Gray meant when he coined the word "rat rod" bears no real resemblance to what we know think of as 'rat rods". But yes, point taken.
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2017, 02:02:43 AM »
Just my opinion, this is the only place where stock '32 frog eyes "work". Ol dad must be spinning in his grave when he sees some of the shit that is being pushed as "traditional" hot rod stuff these days.
I think Gray coined the term "Rat Rod", derived from the term "Rat Bikes"........ Just sayin' :P
I'am thankful that I live in Ca.My car has never been called a Rat Rod.I guess they know there hot rods. ;D
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2017, 10:31:17 AM »
I'am thankful that I live in Ca.My car has never been called a Rat Rod.I guess they know there hot rods. ;D
Someone came over to my place, saw the fenderwell headers for my chevy II, and says "oh so you are building a gasser." :o ::)
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive

pprather

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2017, 03:38:27 PM »
I'm just getting ready to replace the '34 commercial lights on my highboy.

I have prepared a pair of '35 - 37 commercial lights. They are smaller, but I was still able to get the turn signal lights inside the bucket, in the Bob Drake reflectors. Hoping they look good.

Anyone using these? They are not as traditional as the King Bees, but I felt they were closer than the big lights.

yblock32

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2017, 04:54:32 AM »
I am running '35 commercial headlights. Go back to page 3 and you'll see them
Cranksters Rod & Kustom Club