Those crazy Show Rods !

jaded iconoclast

Re: Those crazy Show Rods !
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2018, 10:03:51 AM »
Some of those "custom guys" take thinking outside the box to a whole new level .
Some of them probably belong in a "box".
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2018, 10:07:11 AM »
Dan Woods
IMO, Woods stuff is as under-rated as Roths is over-rated. Woods stuff is far better designed.

3 deuces

« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2018, 05:20:27 PM »
those things were a total waste,nothing to do with hot rods.maybe just me.

DavyJ

« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2018, 07:50:33 PM »
Those crazy rods had a lot to do with the hot rod scene......they acted as a drawing card to fringe car guys, who brought their kids to car shows to see the weird cars....and then just maybe fell in love with  a tidy rod or custom they  saw along the way.....lighting a fuse which might have led to some real nice cars...............
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2018, 10:37:01 PM »
Those crazy rods had a lot to do with the hot rod scene......they acted as a drawing card to fringe car guys, who brought their kids to car shows to see the weird cars....and then just maybe fell in love with  a tidy rod or custom they  saw along the way.....lighting a fuse which might have led to some real nice cars...............

I completely agree with Dave.  As a kid those were the cars that got my attention.  The Beatnik Bandit and the Silhouette specifically.

Daves 40cp

« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2018, 12:57:01 PM »

I completely agree with Dave.  As a kid those were the cars that got my attention.  The Beatnik Bandit and the Silhouette specifically.
X3
Daves 40cp

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2018, 01:02:03 PM »

I don't think hes talking about cars like the Silhouette and Beatnik Bandit, I think he is talking more specifically about cars like the Bathtub Buggy and Mummy Mobile.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2018, 02:09:46 PM »

I don't think hes talking about cars like the Silhouette and Beatnik Bandit, I think he is talking more specifically about cars like the Bathtub Buggy and Mummy Mobile.

I agree the oddball show cars certainly attract attention from the youth.   Concerning myself, they had an attraction but it was out of curiousity, i.e., shock value.

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2018, 07:15:29 PM »

George,
 Take it easy on the Bath Tub.Has more chrome on it then some of the cars being built these days.Lol
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2018, 08:32:41 PM »

George,
 Take it easy on the Bath Tub.Has more chrome on it then some of the cars being built these days.Lol
More tasteful than some of them too... ::) ;D

29bowtie

« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2018, 09:49:50 PM »
I remember seeing this at a show when I was about 12 yrs old. I looked but wasn't impressed at all, because the underside of the table was resting on the top of the rear tires, so they couldn't rotate at all. That'ts when I went back to checking out the real hot rods and race cars.
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2018, 01:52:43 AM »
Harry Bradley & Chuck Miller Covered Wagon

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2018, 02:53:25 AM »
I guess this is a good spot for it.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2018, 04:33:06 PM »
I guess this is a good spot for it.
Uh, ok...So uh....what is it? ??? ;D Kinda looks like something for the wife, but I'm not sure how the wheels would fit in...Does it come with batteries, or do you buy them separately?? ???

DavyJ

« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2018, 06:26:52 PM »
nope, never seen that one before.......radical...
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!