IS TRADITIONAL THE NEW BILLET MEANING FAD.

duaneshotrods

Re: IS TRADITIONAL THE NEW BILLET MEANING FAD.
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2017, 06:34:26 AM »
You have to admit, Beppie the car had style when I took the pic all those years ago. the difference now is your car exhibits pure "attitude" with the current stance and look.............As for me, I would take it in any of its forms...... ;D
Thing is.It would out run that Chevy all day long & loving it. ;)

Yea, its traditional hot rod, there's three words in there. But the last two seem to be a dirty words with the new age history revisionists. And when was the last time you saw a car in the little pages with big ass headlights on it? But then most of the neo-traditional guys don't even own any old magazines, they just read the h&@b. Funny how it's a four letter word! ;D
Best thoughts yet, funny how people re-write history. The big headlights just look out of proportion.
Get the stance right, followed by fit & finish.

3 deuces

« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2017, 10:43:05 AM »
Never saw big head lites till mid 70s ,remind  me of disc era big dumb eye glasses.I bet henry would have used smaller if he had sealed beams. Just my opinion.

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2017, 01:39:39 AM »
Ya it's a Fad.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2017, 01:45:24 AM »
Ya it's a Fad.
I always say it's good to stick with a theme...Lemme see, fake patina? Yup, fake ardun? Yup. Fake Deuce? Looks like he has checked all the boxes! I'd be willing to bet it's got current "Wings" in it with the crescent moon needles as well.
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2017, 02:01:37 AM »
For my money, you can break traditional hot rod guys down into three rough groups, 1) the guys who were there the first time around, 2) the guys like me a generation or two younger that "discovered" traditional hot rods when Jacobs found and restored the Niekamp car and Bryan did the series in R&C on his highboy, and 3) the "Cochran crowd" which are the guys who came to traditional hot rods roughly
concurrent with the appearance of the So-Cal shifters.
The philosophy of the three groups is pretty different, a lot of the guys from the first group have "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" and have sort of moved on, with the second wave being the group that seems to really respect the history.
Most of the guys in the third wave seem to be pretty resentful about the history, or if they acknowledge it at all, look at cars that were built back in the day as oddities that need to be brought into line with the current version of "traditional".
This group seems to be under the impression that they have "invented" traditional hot rods. This is also where you find most of the "lifestylers".
Man, I had to try to explain "Orca Betty" to my 8 yr old daughter the other day, THAT took some tap dancing! ;D
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive

duaneshotrods

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2017, 07:26:18 AM »
For my money, you can break traditional hot rod guys down into three rough groups, 1) the guys who were there the first time around, 2) the guys like me a generation or two younger that "discovered" traditional hot rods when Jacobs found and restored the Niekamp car and Bryan did the series in R&C on his highboy, and 3) the "Cochran crowd" which are the guys who came to traditional hot rods roughly
concurrent with the appearance of the So-Cal shifters.
The philosophy of the three groups is pretty different, a lot of the guys from the first group have "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" and have sort of moved on, with the second wave being the group that seems to really respect the history.
Most of the guys in the third wave seem to be pretty resentful about the history, or if they acknowledge it at all, look at cars that were built back in the day as oddities that need to be brought into line with the current version of "traditional".
This group seems to be under the impression that they have "invented" traditional hot rods. This is also where you find most of the "lifestylers".
Man, I had to try to explain "Orca Betty" to my 8 yr old daughter the other day, THAT took some tap dancing! ;D
Well said George, you hit the nail on the head.
Get the stance right, followed by fit & finish.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2017, 08:17:18 AM »
As much as I agree with you, and I agree with you on every point - I don't want this site to become a 'HAMB-bashing' site.   Ryan has managed to create a successful business out of it and I respect him for that.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2017, 09:31:38 PM »
Some guy's never notice that Lil John left the hinges on.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2017, 09:35:26 PM »
This was a Boyd built Henry Hot Rod.Different color now & with a blower motor.

Lil32

« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2017, 12:54:10 AM »
Beppie
is this the same car
Still crusin after all these years.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2017, 01:30:45 AM »
Beppie
is this the same car
Yes.Gary went to the primer look after the black.

Daves 40cp

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2017, 02:57:08 PM »
Beppie, I have no problem with cars in primer, but I think I like that one better in black...jmho!
Daves 40cp

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2017, 03:03:37 PM »
Beppie, I have no problem with cars in primer, but I think I like that one better in black...jmho!
This is how it looked when the Banker Brothers owned it.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2017, 03:25:28 PM »
This is how it looked when the Banker Brothers owned it.

As much as I like the Banker Brothers version over the current one, I also appreciate the new version as it is a real hot rod.  If we all built cars the same way our craft would be pretty damn boring.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2017, 06:17:04 PM »
For me this is as good as it gets. Phil Kendricks sedan.
This is my favorite style of Hot Rod.Can't wait till Joey gets it finished.Paints all done.