Roadster Interiors

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
Re: Roadster Interiors
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2017, 10:06:26 PM »
Roadster
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #129 on: January 02, 2018, 11:36:47 AM »
Roadster
I like the striping on top of the dash. I want to incorporate some gold leaf striping into my bucket, but have been having a struggle thinking how to make it look like part of an integrated and cohesive plan rather than "just because", maybe some striping on the dash would help tie it together? Its tougher with T-Buckets, there are no character lines with a natural flow that run front to rear that you can follow, like on a Model A or a '32.
Free your mind, think for yourself, keep the 1st amendment alive

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2018, 06:15:26 PM »
Roadster
I like the striping on top of the dash. I want to incorporate some gold leaf striping into my bucket, but have been having a struggle thinking how to make it look like part of an integrated and cohesive plan rather than "just because", maybe some striping on the dash would help tie it together? Its tougher with T-Buckets, there are no character lines with a natural flow that run front to rear that you can follow, like on a Model A or a '32.
We have a pin striping thread.http://hotrodcraft.com/index.php?topic=210.msg2923#msg2923

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2018, 06:23:43 PM »
Roadster
We have a pin striping thread.http://hotrodcraft.com/index.php?topic=210.msg2923#msg2923
Pin striping is not really what I am looking for. I want to do some broader striping in gold leaf, something more like what is on the dash of the '32 I commented on, and do the "Ford" letters on the grill and tailgate in gold leaf, as well as the raised beads on the box and tailgate, but I don't want to do the door lines and so on on the sides of the bucket, that seems 'wrong". I am trying to figure out something I can do on the sides of the bucket and cowl area on gold leaf, that doesn't seem as contrived as that, maybe something somewhat like the Tommy the greek striping on the Dennis DeBenidictus car, but it wouldn't really be "Tommy the Greek" style, as he only did black, white or red. I would have to get some pin stripes around the striping I want to do, but that is more of a secondary issue. I have a long time to think about it anyway, still trying to find a nice '23/'25 cowl top to mate with my body sides.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2018, 06:16:48 PM »
Joe Nitti roadster

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #133 on: January 04, 2018, 08:01:43 PM »
^^one of the coolest dash treatments in any '32 I can think of right there