Cabriolets

jaded iconoclast

Re: Cabriolets
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2017, 06:36:25 AM »

29bowtie

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2017, 12:49:42 PM »
With and without fenders... which one do you like?

With fenders would be my choice on that one.
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2017, 12:58:37 PM »
This ones coming up for sale in Australia
Late night Graeme.Sport coupe. ;)
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

flatheadv8s

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2017, 08:17:40 PM »
Just testing Beppie to see who noticed and you are the only one. Nice work
Life is like a toilet roll. The closer you get to the end the faster it goes.

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2017, 08:23:28 PM »
I just didn't want to start something............

flatheadv8s

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2017, 12:10:01 AM »
Lets see who knows thew difference between a Cabriolet and a Sports Coupe. No cheating
Life is like a toilet roll. The closer you get to the end the faster it goes.

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2017, 12:20:25 AM »
Lets see who knows thew difference between a Cabriolet and a Sports Coupe. No cheating
About 2 grand. ;D
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

Fordors

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2017, 08:34:30 AM »

Sport Coupe uses 5W doors but the cowl A pillars differ at the windshield frame area for the square upper w/s corners, while the Cabriolet has unique doors that have no window surround, and also different hinge locations on the A pillar. Both bodies use some top bows to support the soft top but the S/C top is fixed so naturally there is no folding top assembly. S/C has quarter panels similar to 5 W with some minor differences at the B pillar but what makes the Cabriolet quarter really different is the lack of the raised reveal next to the deck lid as well as the filler panel behind the passenger area and the panel below the deck lid which is welded and metal finished to the quarters. Also, the door handle escutcheon plate is flat on the Cabriolet as the handles mount flat on the panel, not on the reveal like the S/C and 5W. I'd say those are the major differences.
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

Fordors

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2017, 07:34:15 PM »
I've been thinking about my mention of the lower panel to quarters being metal finished, and must say I don't know for sure. As I have mentioned here before I owned a Cabriolet when I was 18, it was a decent channeled body, '32 frame, steering and front end with chromed hydraulic brakes and also a '57 Chevy rear end. No tools, no garage and not enough knowledge so I traded it off. Anyway, 50 years later and my memory is a bit foggy. Was that panel leaded by the factory or did a rodder do that?
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

tingeezer

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2017, 11:01:21 AM »
Got rid of number two, here is number three. I also have a number four that is for sale. I hope I have finding these thing out of my system ;D

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2017, 11:04:07 AM »

Sport Coupe uses 5W doors but the cowl A pillars differ at the windshield frame area for the square upper w/s corners, while the Cabriolet has unique doors that have no window surround, and also different hinge locations on the A pillar. Both bodies use some top bows to support the soft top but the S/C top is fixed so naturally there is no folding top assembly. S/C has quarter panels similar to 5 W with some minor differences at the B pillar but what makes the Cabriolet quarter really different is the lack of the raised reveal next to the deck lid as well as the filler panel behind the passenger area and the panel below the deck lid which is welded and metal finished to the quarters. Also, the door handle escutcheon plate is flat on the Cabriolet as the handles mount flat on the panel, not on the reveal like the S/C and 5W. I'd say those are the major differences.
a buddy of mine in Alberta has an AR Sport Coupe project car, its pretty rough though.