Re: Cabriolets
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 10:59:57 PM »
Cabriolet.

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 11:02:37 PM »
Bitchin Cabriolet.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

flatheadv8s

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 11:03:39 PM »
Nice in Maroon
Life is like a toilet roll. The closer you get to the end the faster it goes.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 11:04:42 PM »
Nice in Maroon
Very nice.Like the one with the black interior & top.Nice chop on it.

flatheadv8s

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 11:05:27 PM »
Check out this sneaky little Cabrio. Sorry I dont have a front pic

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 11:07:32 PM »
Great thread!  Here's my old cabriolet that was saved from a tree in Cherry Hills (Near Denver) Colorado.  Pics of when I got it in two pieces and how it looks today.

DavyJ

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 11:08:44 PM »
Great thread!  Here's my old cabriolet that was saved from a tree in Cherry Hills (Near Denver) Colorado.  Pics of when I got it in two pieces and how it looks today.
That is a great save...........must have been there for quite a few years by the size of that tree! I would imagine the frame was embedded into it ...............
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 11:09:14 PM »
Nice save !  How did you rebuild the windshield posts ?  It seemed like every hot rodded cabriolet I ever ran into had the posts cut off.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2016, 11:10:02 PM »
That is a great save...........must have been there for quite a few years by the size of that tree! I would imagine the frame was embedded into it ...............
Ted Bowen and his best friend chased this old Cabriolet for over 35 years before Ted finally snagged it.  When they first tried to buy it the tree was just a little sapling, they told the owner he should cut it down but he said it would keep it from getting stolen!  The whole story of trying to buy it was pretty crazy with the owner chasing them off with a shotgun a few times until he was hospitalized for a mental condition and Ted was able to buy it from the guy's wife.  I just happened to call Ted about buying the car when he had decided to sell it the night before.

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2016, 11:10:52 PM »
Nice save !  How did you rebuild the windshield posts ?  It seemed like every hot rodded cabriolet I ever ran into had the posts cut off.
I did the easy way by taking it to Tom Bay (R&J Enterprises in Arkansas City, KS) to refab the windshield for me.  I had heard from a friend that Tom had done a few of them in the past and asked him to do mine.  I think he didn't want to do it but he decided he could make some extras to sell because a lot of them are out there that had been whacked off to make them into roadsters.  Tom did a great job and I had him pull it back to the same angle as a '34 Cabriolet and chop it 2 3/4".

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2016, 11:11:18 PM »
Thank you for the education.  We have a body out here, and your work and information is really helpful.  bob

EZRodder

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2016, 11:11:43 PM »

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2017, 05:55:04 PM »
Cabriolet

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2017, 05:57:04 PM »
At the drags

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2017, 07:42:56 AM »
Can't forget one of my all-time favorite deuces:
http://hotrodcraft.com/index.php?topic=1398.msg42996#msg42996

flatheadv8s

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2017, 01:05:00 AM »
This ones coming up for sale in Australia