Deuce Pickups

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
Re: Deuce Pickups
« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2017, 01:46:22 AM »
Roadster
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2017, 11:48:05 AM »
Roadster
Just kind of a thought, and I like this, but with the popularity of the fifties indy car-like wheel/tire combinations taking off, why aren't more guys doing torsion bar front ends with hairpins on the same car? Its a real "natural", and would carry the theme to another level, you could add lots of belled holes and engine turned aluminum to the mix as well. I really like the5 window on the other thread with the torsion bars, wheels and Miller-esque nose, that's really riffing on the theme.
How about doing something like this and powering it with an alfa or a jag? :) How about a real minimalist T based track roadster or modified style build with a full alfa drivetrain, torsion bars up front, big finned drums all around, and the indy car themed wheel/tire combo? you could do a race car nose with a heart shaped insert like alfa used in the thirties, with a small alfa badge at the top.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2017, 12:24:08 PM »
Roadster
Just kind of a thought, and I like this, but with the popularity of the fifties indy car-like wheel/tire combinations taking off, why aren't more guys doing torsion bar front ends with hairpins on the same car? Its a real "natural", and would carry the theme to another level, you could add lots of belled holes and engine turned aluminum to the mix as well. I really like the5 window on the other thread with the torsion bars, wheels and Miller-esque nose, that's really riffing on the theme.
How about doing something like this and powering it with an alfa or a jag? :) How about a real minimalist T based track roadster or modified style build with a full alfa drivetrain, torsion bars up front, big finned drums all around, and the indy car themed wheel/tire combo? you could do a race car nose with a heart shaped insert like alfa used in the thirties, with a small alfa badge at the top.
Better yet. Nix the alfa rear suspension, and use a 101 quick change with the early ford swing axle conversion! you could even nix the transverse leaf and set it up with torsion bars like the front! The 101's are cheaper and easier to find, and would live behind an alfa 4.

Baron

« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2017, 08:19:25 PM »
Mike Corbett's Deuce Engineering  pickup.

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2017, 08:54:01 PM »
A question has come up with the building of a 32 pickup with my grandson.  Enough leg room.  He's 5' - 11" now and probably will go to 6"-1".  Any thoughts?????

DavyJ

« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2017, 09:37:47 PM »
A question has come up with the building of a 32 pickup with my grandson.  Enough leg room.  He's 5' - 11" now and probably will go to 6"-1".  Any thoughts?????

yeah,  don't chop and channel it!!   actually the trick will be in the seating.....  I have also seen the floor lowered between the frame rails to gain extra leg room too....
Living life at a 100 smiles per hour!

Thirty2ragtop

« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2017, 09:49:44 PM »
Heck of an idea.  Fretwell did that on the Flint Roadster redo.   Good Idea!

flatheadv8s

« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2017, 01:21:27 AM »
Another for your enjoyment. Hard to beat in Washington Blue with cream wheels
Life is like a toilet roll. The closer you get to the end the faster it goes.

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2017, 01:21:52 PM »
Built by Goolsby Customs
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2017, 09:42:44 PM »
Built by Goolsby Customs
I bought the last Street Rodder just because this car was in it. what a knock-out.