KOHLER BROS 'KING KONG' ANGLIA

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
KOHLER BROS 'KING KONG' ANGLIA
« on: April 02, 2016, 12:28:37 PM »
From Car Craft.
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

TS3X65MPH

Re: KOHLER BROS 'KING KONG' ANGLIA
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 12:46:41 PM »
From Car Craft.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 12:49:25 PM »
The Kohler Brothers' King Kong AA/Gas Supercharged Anglia sedan, which has been called one of the most recognised supercharged cars of the late 1960s. The brothers' controversial decision to enter their Anglia Gasser into AHRA AA/Altered paid off, for as well as the rivalry with the Shore & Hess Anglia, Ed Kohler drove the car to a Super Eliminator win at the 1967 Winter Nationals in class and Super Eliminator, where Ed upset defending champ Hugh Tucker’s '28 Chevy AA/SR with a final-round 9.42/145.63.

From The Amazo Affected

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 12:52:26 PM »
In 1968, Chuck and Joe Pacini bought the car from the Kohler Brothers and turn it into the successful Pacini Brothers "Showdown" gasser. Using various blown and unblown engine combinations, they ran it successfully between NHRA/AHRA events, until the NHRA finally beat all the gassers by eliminating the class.

From The Amazo Affected

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 01:03:06 PM »
Unlike a lot of cars in this series so far, which get to a point in the early seventies after they're rendered obsolete, then disappear without trace for 20-odd years, this ones got a timeline that would make Ancestry.co.uk proud. let's all take a deep breath and read the next passage carefully...
In 1976, the Pacini Brothers sell the car to Paul Thompson in Rochester, New York, who subsequently converted it into a street rod. In '77 he swaps the car with Chris O'Connor in Pomona, California for another, ready built street rod. In 1979, O'Connor sells the Anglia to Carlos and Mary Cedeno, who brought it back to Pomona from New York to fully restore it to it's 1960s glory.
This is how Carlos received the car back in 1979:

The convoluted history of this car doesn't stop there; in 1984, Carlos swaps with another car to Jack Leonard, but then in 1987 Carlos gets the car back from Jack with another swap!
When Carlos bought the car, he'd relied on just a few suggestions about its heritage. At first, it didn't really matter, but then with a little detective work, the pieces began to fall into place. Eventually, after sanding through faded black exterior layers of green were discovered from its time as Showdown, then layers of tangerine. Experts such as original chassis builder George Britting, transmission builder Art Carr, supercharged gasser racer Jim Oddy and Ed Kohler himself helped diagnose and document the vehicle.

From The Amazo Affected

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 09:54:42 PM »
Kohler Brothers.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 09:56:11 PM »
Kohler Brothers 

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 08:50:42 PM »
Kohler Bros.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 02:24:09 AM »
Kohler Bros.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 10:59:23 AM »
In 1968, Chuck and Joe Pacini bought the car from the Kohler Brothers and turn it into the successful Pacini Brothers "Showdown" gasser. Using various blown and unblown engine combinations, they ran it successfully between NHRA/AHRA events, until the NHRA finally beat all the gassers by eliminating the class.

From The Amazo Affected

ohoh. torqueflite go BOOM!  ;D
Wanted: Used +030 TRW L2249 or Speed Pro 7061P 12.5/1 289/302 ford pistons