JUST MOPAR'S

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
JUST MOPAR'S
« on: January 28, 2016, 09:01:15 PM »
When I think about this car brand,These 2 pop in to my head.Sox & Martin
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

29bowtie

Re: JUST MOPAR'S
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 11:10:25 PM »
Sinister personified!
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

29bowtie

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 06:13:58 PM »
 :D

oldsjoe

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 08:04:03 PM »
I agree Beppie Mr. 4 speed Ronnie Sox one of the best!  Joe
Living the DREAM!!! One nut and bolt at a time!

29bowtie

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 12:17:14 PM »
Dodge Charger Concept.

oldsjoe

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 08:44:41 PM »
 :) ;) 8)

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 01:43:01 AM »
1941 Chrysler Newport Dual Cowl Phaeton Show Car.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 02:02:43 AM »
General Lee Dukes of Hazzard parking lot.
Something I just read.
When the ratings for The Dukes of Hazzard went down and CBS pulled it off the air, 18 abandoned General Lee cars  remained at the set to gather dust for five long years; In 1991, Warner Brothers remembered that they had some valuable stuff that could make some big dollars and they sold 17 of those cars to private owners around the world.
The Dukes of Hazzard really wasn’t an example of care of cars when it came to those crazy stunts and high jumps made with General Lee, a red Dodge Charger from 1969, and those who watched the series didn’t really think of the fact that a whole bunch of Dodge Chargers were destroyed, I mean the legend of muscle cars was tortured so hard that they didn’t have anymore 1969 models to use in the show and they started killing models from 1968 to 1971!

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 02:23:24 AM »
From Legends of Nascar. THE Record
February 26, 1965, Leeroy Yarbrough teamed up with Dodge and legendary engine builder and car owner Ray Fox to set a new record at Daytona International Speedway. Driving a No. 3 Dodge Coronet with a supercharged and fuel-injected 426-cubic-inch Hemi engine, Yarbrough circled the fabled track at 181.818 mph. The pole winner for the Daytona 500 two weeks earlier had lapped the track 10 miles an hour slower at 171.151 mph.

Fox says Yarbrough could have set a faster time but track officials black-flagged him when they thought he blew the engine. Yarbrough shut it off between the third and fourth turn and coasted through the timing lights when he said the record. What the officials actually saw, says Fox, was tire smoke.

Although the Chrysler teams were on the sidelines for most of 1965, LeeRoy Yarbrough made a special run against the clock at Daytona International Speedway. Driving a supercharged Dodge Coronet prepared by Ray Fox, Yarbrough turned a lap of 181.818 mph, establishing a new closed-course record for stock cars.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 02:25:51 AM »
Daytona.

Fordors

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 07:18:44 AM »
February 26, 1965, Leeroy Yarbrough teamed up with Dodge and legendary engine builder and car owner Ray Fox to set a new record at Daytona International Speedway. Driving a No. 3 Dodge Coronet with a supercharged and fuel-injected 426-cubic-inch Hemi engine, Yarbrough circled the fabled track at 181.818 mph. The pole winner for the Daytona 500 two weeks earlier had lapped the track 10 miles an hour slower at 171.151 mph.

Fox says Yarbrough could have set a faster time but track officials black-flagged him when they thought he blew the engine. Yarbrough shut it off between the third and fourth turn and coasted through the timing lights when he said the record. What the officials actually saw, says Fox, was tire smoke.

Although the Chrysler teams were on the sidelines for most of 1965, LeeRoy Yarbrough made a special run against the clock at Daytona International Speedway. Driving a supercharged Dodge Coronet prepared by Ray Fox, Yarbrough turned a lap of 181.818 mph, establishing a new closed-course record for stock cars.

Great story because it once again showcases what racers did without a bunch of factory engineers. Naturally the engineers had developed the basic engine architecture but the race shops made the horsepower, modified the chassis and tweaked the body with subtle aero changes to make use of the power. Nothing is "stock" today in NASCAR, unlike when the factory sheet metal was massaged and the stock frame was modified for speed and handling.
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

oldsjoe

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 09:14:30 AM »

Great story because it once again showcases what racers did without a bunch of factory engineers. Naturally the engineers had developed the basic engine architecture but the race shops made the horsepower, modified the chassis and tweaked the body with subtle aero changes to make use of the power. Nothing is "stock" today in NASCAR, unlike when the factory sheet metal was massaged and the stock frame was modified for speed and handling.

Yes indeed a fine bit of information Beppie! I was just discussing that very same thing with a couple buddy's the other day Fordors. If NASCAR would let the teams build the cars and let em race the seats would start to fill up again. The look alike run alike racing is just not the same. Bring back stock body's!  Joe

29bowtie

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 03:38:51 PM »
This is a bizarre one!

Fordors

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 04:37:57 PM »
This is a bizarre one!

That's a '58 (?) Dodge run at Bonneville by Norm Thatcher, he was written up in Hot Rod Magazine BITD a couple of times. I believe his next car was a '60 Dodge Dart, again blown but with a two port Hilborn on the 6-71. Also, that second photo is printed from a flipped negative, the drive pulley on the blower is on the wrong side.
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

oldsjoe

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 01:40:04 PM »
 8) :) :D

Tex-Vett

• Love Pound'n Gears In My "Texas Corvette"
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 03:23:18 PM »
Very Nice...... Like Those Carb. Cross Ram Adapter's Atop Th Blower !!!  :o :o
Is This A Dodge or Plymouth ??? (Looks Too Be A Dodge - But I'm Not Sure)!!!
Also, What Year Is It ????
Drop Da Hammer, Smook'n Da Hydes, Run Da Qtr., Drift Th.Turns, Pound Da Gears & Go'n To Cruise-Ins !