Current VW magazines

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
Current VW magazines
« on: August 31, 2015, 06:37:25 PM »
I have bought/read many VW mags thru the years, and have to say that the current 'state of affairs' is very good.  The best quality magazine is 'Airmighty Megascene', which has kind of a silly name IMHO, but the content and photo quality is fantastic.   The articles are written in multiple languages, including English thankfully  :o, and they manage to pull this off very well.  It's a quarterly, and not cheap, but worth it if you are into VWs.  Another interesting magazine that I currently subscribe to is 'Hayburner', which isn't as good as Airmighty, but I love the concept - Advertisers cover the cost, subscribers ONLY pay shipping.  Cool idea.  I bought a few issue of 'Type' a couple of years ago; don't know if they are still in print, but the magazine is the size of the 'little books', which is kinda tough for me to read anymore.  And of course there's 'Hot VWs' which has been around since the 60's.  They are the only mag which I regularly see tech articles of the bunch.   Which is a plus for me, but I only buy it off the newsstands as many issues just don't cover stuff that interests me.  Plus it's constipated with ads - what you expect from a magazine with a distribution network.  Too many people need their cut.

Anyhow, that's my synopsis.  Your thoughts ?

Red

Re: Current VW magazines
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 07:13:06 AM »
Hate to say it, but I've given up on VW magazines completely.  There just doesn't seem to be much new that is appealing
these days.  Instead, there are loads of cars with "character faults"... slammed suspensions, way-too-narrow front ends, ill
conceived engine combos not to mention shoddy paint jobs (rust is the new look??).  Gimme a break!! ::)  It's got to be tough
doing a magazine month after month and having it be a refreshing read rather then the same old same-o...