Re: Hot Rods & Planes or not
« Reply #464 on: April 15, 2018, 03:59:32 PM »
Interesting photos. ;)
Professionals built the Titanic, An Amateur built the Ark

Fordors

« Reply #465 on: April 15, 2018, 08:02:32 PM »
Interesting photos. ;)

Interesting photos? You bet, that just might be the caption of the week.
This seems like you have discovered a heretofore unseen image of a phantom Ford. Look closely, is it a Deuce? Sure looks like it until you notice that the grille has the slant of a '33-'34 pickup grille. The louvers look to be straight as on a '32, but if the grille is slanted and that is not camera distortion then the leading edge of the hood was modified to accept that grille surround. Next move to the header above the windshield, isn't that a taller sheet metal panel giving a higher roof line compared to the '32 Station Wagons? And lastly, how about that suicide front door? So what do you think, any opinions out there?
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

Tom

• Administrator
    • http://hotrodcraft.com
« Reply #466 on: April 15, 2018, 09:04:58 PM »
I'm thinking that it is a coach-built woodie based on a '34 pickup, using the pickup cowl as well.  It also has the pickup bumper.  That's cool !

29bowtie

« Reply #467 on: April 16, 2018, 01:58:50 PM »
Interesting photos. ;)

Interesting photos? You bet, that just might be the caption of the week.
This seems like you have discovered a heretofore unseen image of a phantom Ford. Look closely, is it a Deuce? Sure looks like it until you notice that the grille has the slant of a '33-'34 pickup grille. The louvers look to be straight as on a '32, but if the grille is slanted and that is not camera distortion then the leading edge of the hood was modified to accept that grille surround. Next move to the header above the windshield, isn't that a taller sheet metal panel giving a higher roof line compared to the '32 Station Wagons? And lastly, how about that suicide front door? So what do you think, any opinions out there?
Thanks, I figured these would stir up some interest. I wish I knew more myself, but these were merely a web find with no explanation. Wish we could read the text in the corner of the photo. Maybe some Hot Rodder in the far east will help us out?

29bowtie

« Reply #468 on: April 16, 2018, 03:39:56 PM »
 ;) 8) 8) Same plane, through a few decades. First 3 photos showing "N"registration of USA, fourth photo, showing the "G" registration of Great Britain.

oldsjoe

« Reply #469 on: April 17, 2018, 01:30:21 PM »
Don't have any information as to what or where this is but looks interesting!  Joe
Living the DREAM!!! One nut and bolt at a time!

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #470 on: April 27, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »
 ;)

29bowtie

« Reply #471 on: April 29, 2018, 07:21:47 PM »
This one is the "Hot Rod", all by itself.

29bowtie

« Reply #472 on: April 30, 2018, 01:59:01 AM »
Future hot rod, with plane. ;)

29bowtie

« Reply #473 on: April 30, 2018, 02:01:57 AM »
Don't have any information as to what or where this is but looks interesting!  Joe
The Burnelli GX-3, also known as Uppercu-Burnelli UB-SS. was an American twin-engined, mid-wing experimental aircraft which first flew in 1929. Work commenced on this aircraft during development of the Burnelli CB-16.

oldsjoe

« Reply #474 on: April 30, 2018, 08:30:10 AM »
The Burnelli GX-3, also known as Uppercu-Burnelli UB-SS. was an American twin-engined, mid-wing experimental aircraft which first flew in 1929. Work commenced on this aircraft during development of the Burnelli CB-16.

Thanks for the info bowtie interesting bit of information.  Joe
Living the DREAM!!! One nut and bolt at a time!

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #475 on: May 03, 2018, 07:31:28 AM »
 :)

Tom

• Administrator
« Reply #476 on: May 19, 2018, 02:38:12 PM »
Cool pic - did Frazer have their own airplane hangar ?