Lions Drag Strip- History, pics, whatever you got.

TS3X65MPH

• THANKS TO MY DAD & MOM,WIFE GLYNIS & SON STEVEN
Re: Lions Drag Strip- History, pics, whatever you got.
« Reply #512 on: July 08, 2017, 12:46:36 AM »
Drive the highways...Race at Lions
You Aren't Living If Your Windshield Isn't Dirty.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #513 on: July 08, 2017, 12:48:56 AM »

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #514 on: July 08, 2017, 12:52:06 AM »

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #515 on: July 08, 2017, 12:53:37 AM »

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #516 on: July 08, 2017, 12:57:21 AM »

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #517 on: July 08, 2017, 01:02:57 AM »

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #518 on: August 06, 2017, 03:14:20 PM »

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #519 on: August 06, 2017, 03:15:26 PM »

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #520 on: August 10, 2017, 05:43:59 AM »
The third photo is very interesting, that looks to be the former Malco sponsored AA/GS Camaro racing brackets sometime in the early seventies.
I have photos of it in AA/GS trim in '68, but they are on my computer at home, it would be interesting to compare, but I am pretty sure it's the same car, the chop was quite distinctive.

Fordors

« Reply #521 on: August 10, 2017, 09:46:32 AM »
The third photo is very interesting, that looks to be the former Malco sponsored AA/GS Camaro racing brackets sometime in the early seventies.
I have photos of it in AA/GS trim in '68, but they are on my computer at home, it would be interesting to compare, but I am pretty sure it's the same car, the chop was quite distinctive.

I had a different take on it when I first saw it George. I thought it was the Hrudka brothers Mr. Gasket Test Car, and I think they ran it both stack injected and as a blown car too. It was another in a long line of Hrudka gas class cars.
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #522 on: August 10, 2017, 05:25:39 PM »

I had a different take on it when I first saw it George. I thought it was the Hrudka brothers Mr. Gasket Test Car, and I think they ran it both stack injected and as a blown car too. It was another in a long line of Hrudka gas class cars.
Been looking.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #523 on: August 10, 2017, 07:11:14 PM »

You are absolutely right. That's what I was thinking of, don't know how the hell "malco" got in there! :-[

Fordors

« Reply #524 on: August 12, 2017, 12:48:32 AM »
[/quote]

You are absolutely right. That's what I was thinking of, don't know how the hell "malco" got in there! :-[
[/quote]

Maybe it was that Vietnamese iced coffee. Just what do they put in that brew?🤔
I know the basement floor is down there because it's holding everything up. I just can't see it anymore.

jaded iconoclast

« Reply #525 on: August 12, 2017, 04:48:41 AM »

[/quote]

Maybe it was that Vietnamese iced coffee. Just what do they put in that brew?🤔
[/quote]
No shit! You know, I have been trying to duplicate the stuff at home ever since I started coming over here 10 years ago, and I CANNOT do it! I even tried bringing raw coffee beans back from Vietnam last time and roasting them myself, STILL can't get it right! And the so-called "Vietnamese coffee" you get in Vietnamese restaurants back home ain't it either. It drives my wife nuts, every time we come over here, we don't even make it back to her moms place, as soon as we leave the airport, I gotta stop the cab and have an iced coffee! ;D when its good, it's like nectar of the gods! :) :)

IBILTIT

« Reply #526 on: August 12, 2017, 01:40:33 PM »
Somehow I lost this forum a couple of years ago, guess it changed names or ?????  Anyway found it again and man did this Lions thread bring back a lot of memories. I live in Lynwood, ca. growing up and on a clear evening you could actually haer the dragsters running at night. My dad and I first went to Lions in 1958, I was 11 or so, $.90 to get in and $.50 for a pit pass. I was blown away by these cars, no nitro then as NHRA had outlawed the stuff. I remember that Cyr & Hopper took top eleminator that night with their Chassis Research blown 392......turned 151 mph.....man have things changed, for the worst in my mind. As the worn out old saying goes.....those indeed were the good old days.

TS3X65MPH

« Reply #527 on: August 15, 2017, 01:32:48 AM »